California Consumer Privacy Notice (CCPA)
The following are some general notes about Primis Bank’s practices related to the collection, use and sharing of consumer data:
As a financial institution, it is necessary for us to collect certain personal information from and/or about our clients in order to provide our products and services, fulfill consumer requests, to comply with the federal and state laws and other legal obligations. Below is a list of categories of data we may collect about our clients:
- Personal Information (“information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household,” as defined in the CCPA)
- Demographic/Protected class information
- Biometric information (ex: voice recordings when you contact a Call Center or leave a voicemail for a Primis Bank/Panacea Financial teammate)
- Commercial information
- Professional or employment-related information
- Education information
- Geolocation (ex: your IP address when visiting a Sonabank/Panacea Financial website or your physical location when using a Sonabank ATM)
- Internet or other electronic network activity information
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal or olfactory information
- Personally Identifiable Health Information
- Background/criminal record
- Marketing opt-out/preference information
- Inferences drawn from any of the above information
It is necessary for Primis to share certain client data with affiliates and/or trusted service providers in order to provide our products and services, and to comply with legal and contractual obligations. When engaging such service providers, we ensure that such partners will maintain the information in accordance with our privacy and security standards, and only use the data for the use(s) specified in the contract. While certain activities and responsibilities may be outsourced, we recognize full accountability for the privacy and security of the data entrusted to us. As noted in our Privacy Notice, we do not share consumer information with non-affiliated third parties for their marketing purposes and we do not sell any customer data so there is no opportunity to “Opt Out” of any consumer data sales.
Your Rights and Choices and How to Exercise Consumer Rights
The CCPA provides California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
You have the right to request that Primis/Panacea Financial disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see below) we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you
To exercise these rights above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for this information twice within a 12 month period. The verifiable request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate and respond to it
It is important to know that a submission request noted above will have no impact on the service and or pricing you receive from us. It will not result in any denial of goods or services, different pricing or quality of service.
This notice is required to be updated on an annual basis. If we revise this or any other privacy notice in a manner that changes our privacy practices, we will provide conspicuous notice on our website and provide direct contact with our customers.
Effective March 31, 2021